- Community Outreach – Neighbors helping neighbors. The Edgewater Community Outreach is a group of volunteers within the Edgewater community ready and willing to lend neighbors a helping hand in time of need: new baby, illness, surgery or death in family. Volunteers may be able to temporarily help with meal preparation, calls to check up on the elderly or homebound; neighborly support in a family crisis, transportation to/from medical treatment or running family errands in a crisis or emergency (as volunteers are available). New volunteers are always welcome.
- Adopt-a-Mile – Sign up to pick up Zeirdt Road, volunteers needed once a month.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Garden Club – All residents interested in learning and sharing gardening tips are welcome. No gardening experience required!
- Woodworking – Meets at least once a month. Hosts Annual Arts & Crafts Show.
- Investment Club – Meets once monthly.
- The Ladies of Edgewater Book Club – The book club is open to all Edgewater ladies who enjoy reading and sharing their thoughts and insights with others. This is a casual, easy group. No pressure, no pretense…just a love of books and friendship.
- Hand and Foot – Meets once a month.
- Party Bridge – Meets twice a month
Health and Fitness
- Fitness Classes – Each class meets three times weekly. There is a fee and usually a waiting list.
- Water Aerobics – Additional morning workout class during the summer months. Fee based.
- Simple Yoga – Meets three times a week. There is a fee.
- Mixed Doubles – “Round Robin” tennis, meets once a week.
- Men’s Tennis – meets once a week.
- Swimming Lessons – During the summer months when a certified teacher is available, small limited classes. Fee based.
- Tennis Clinic – Organized by neighborhood tennis enthusiasts and volunteers, for all levels of play from beginner to advanced, for neighborhood children ages 6-18. Fee based.
- Children’s Play Group – There is a group of children that play at least once a week.